||The Business Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual should he proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT systems.
Strategy & Planning
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
- Create system design proposals.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Experience in Government projects.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.